Have you ever wondered what happens behind the scenes here at Lifeway Women? From Bible study tapings, simulcasts, traveling for live events, leadership training, podcasts, webinars, social media, and so much more, a lot happens that goes unseen.
We’re “pulling back the curtain” on all things Lifeway Women and giving you a look at what we do to make it all happen.
This month, we’re giving you a behind-the-scenes look at Lifeway Women’s Simulcast team.
You don’t have to be an event planner or have a big budget to host a great event. They offer a simple way for you to host a customizable digital experience where women will connect with God and each other. All you need is an Internet-connected device and a group of women hungry for God’s Word.
- Tell us a little bit about the history of the Lifeway Women Simulcast. (How did it get started?) Lifeway Women hosted our first simulcast in 2003 with very different technology to approximately thirty churches. In the first few years of simulcasting, churches had to have their own satellite dish to receive the signal. We are so thankful for the digital technology of today!
- What do you do to prepare for each simulcast?
Pray. We don’t want to do anything without first going to the Lord in prayer. We pray not only for the event itself, but also for all our many hosts across the globe who will be gathering in churches, living rooms, coffee shops, and so forth.
Plan. We take any feedback we’ve received from hosts through evaluations, our host group on Lifeway Women Insiders, and social media. Then, we brainstorm how we can improve the host experience.
Prepare. We work hard to create all the resources that help hosts with planning and promotion.
- What does the process look like for each simulcast? (Recording, setup, production?)
We write scripts, prepare cue cards, do a bunch of proofing, and have a lot of meetings!
We set up all the equipment upon arrival. (And make sure we have good snacks, of course!)
We communicate all the details with our hosts.
- Is there a memorable moment from a simulcast?
So many! One of my favorite moments was during the Going Beyond Simulcast in 2018. (It was called the Priscilla Shirer Simulcast then.) Our impact opportunity was Watoto Ministries. We focused on raising money for their Keep a Girl in School program. They work to empower girls to complete their education through the provision of sanitary pads and hygiene supplies and to sensitize parents and stakeholders to the benefits of educating girls. All who were at our live location in Tampa, Florida, and those at the simulcast sites collectively raised over $500,000! It was such a beautiful moment to see what kind of kingdom impact we can have when we gather so many women across the world.
- What is something you hope people take away from each simulcast?
Our main prayer is always that we connect women with God and each other. We also want to equip and empower the local church to reach the women in their congregation and their community for Christ!
For more information about Lifeway Women Simulcasts, click here!