I love women’s events! There’s something about a well-planned, well-executed, Christ-focused event that serves as a spiritual marker and a time of refreshment for my soul. (And bonus points if it has a cute photo wall, great coffee, and yummy snacks!) Putting on an event strengthens my soul, but it can also be overwhelming. As a leader, I want to know how to plan, prepare, and host a great event that shares life-changing truths from God’s Word with the women in my church and community. Hosting a Lifeway Women’s simulcast event does exactly this!
So how do I get my pastor and church staff on board with bringing a Lifeway simulcast event to my church or city? Here are five things to share with your church’s leadership when discussing this option.
1. Lifeway simulcasts bring together solid Bible teaching with incredible worship and prayer experiences. Whether you choose to host a Lifeway Women Simulcast that features a multi-speaker platform or you opt for a Going Beyond Simulcast with Priscilla Shirer, you and your pastor can trust that the teaching will be straight from the Word of God. Our leadership team seeks out seasoned speakers who share God’s truth openly, honestly, and vulnerably. Besides fabulous teaching sessions, simulcasts feature moving worship sets by various musical artists like Anthony Evans, Ellie Holcomb, and Wildlife Worship Collective. You can choose to take part in the worldwide worship experience with these performers, or you can worship with your local worship team. Our simulcasts also provide great times of prayer that meaningfully impact the lives of those who participate.
2. Lifeway simulcasts are customizable events that work with your church’s calendar and schedule. You and your leadership team can choose to host on the actual “live” date of the event or show the event on a later date if that works better for your church. You can view the simulcast all at once, over a weekend, use it as a retreat, or share it over a period of time for small group Bible studies. As a church host, you’ll have 60 days from the date of the live event to show the simulcast as often as you’d like! Simulcasts come equipped with ASL, closed captioning, and Spanish interpretation for a broader audience and a way for your church to reach more women.
3. Lifeway simulcasts come with everything you’ll need to plan, prepare, promote, and provide a great event! When you sign up as a church or small group simulcast host, you receive access to all the tools and tips you’ll need to host a wonderful event. You can download an informative host guide that walks you and your team through every step of planning, hosting, and following up with attendees. You’ll have customizable promotion materials to share on social media, in your church publications, and in your community. On top of all of that, you’ll have your simulcast specialist that is assigned to your region. She will be available to answer all your specific questions, help you customize your event to your personal and particular needs, and cheer you on every step of the way. Finally, you can connect with other hosts across the country and around the world to exchange ideas, share prayer requests, and receive encouragement.
4. Lifeway simulcasts can help supplement your women’s ministry budget. If you register as a church host, the total cost is $600. Some churches choose to pass on some of that expense by selling tickets to the simulcast. (Our recommendation is to charge $30 per person or less unless you are providing food options.) If you have 20 or more attendees, the cost of the event is already covered. Proceeds from additional attendees go directly to your church’s budget. Additionally, church hosts receive a 30% off coupon to purchase Lifeway materials, such as new Bible studies that your ladies may want to begin after the simulcast. Churches can either sell those resources at the discounted price or mark them to retail to further recoup costs. As someone who has served in my local church for years (and worked with a very small budget), a simulcast is a perfect way to bring a top-notch event to your local area while right-sizing costs to make it feasible for any church size and budget.
5. Lifeway simulcasts cater to every comfort level with both in-person and virtual options. Over the past two years, we have all learned to pivot and adjust to ever-changing rules and regulations. While things seem to be getting back to “normal,” Lifeway simulcasts give two great options to view the material so that everyone in your church can be included and feel involved. As a church host, you receive simulcast access for unlimited in-person attendees as well as 20 digital attendee licenses. You can purchase as many more digital passes as you would like, all at the reduced price of $5 per license. What a great option for those who still aren’t comfortable joining in large groups but want (and need) to be encouraged by God’s truth and included in the community.
Still have questions? Reach out to one of our simulcast specialists or contact Lifeway Digital Support at 1-866-713-3512. We are here to help you bring a simulcast event to your area that has the potential of eternally changing the ladies in your community.
Find the details about Lifeway Women’s 2022 Simulcast events here.
Anne Harrison is the director of women’s ministries at First Baptist Church in Wichita Falls, Texas. She serves on the Lifeway Women Event Team and assists Simulcast event planners as a simulcast specialist. She and her husband, Jim, have three loud and rowdy boys who keep their house full of fun. Anne is a graduate of Texas A&M University, where she earned her undergraduate and graduate degrees in Accounting. She will graduate this month from Southeastern Baptist Theological Seminary with a Master of Arts in Ministry to Women. Some of her favorite things include going to her boys’ sporting events with her husband, long naps on rainy days, short naps on sunny days, and Starbucks cold-brew coffee every day. Her passion is connecting women with the God who loves their souls and with other women who will encourage them to grow and flourish.