Izabella McMillon joins us today to talk about Operation Christmas Child. Listen as we hear Izabella’s shoebox story and how this unexpected gift of God’s love was life-changing to her. Join us to learn ways you can be a part of this impactful ministry. Enjoy!
Izabella McMillon grew up during the communistic regime in Romania when even attending a church could have resulted in death. Finding a hidden Bible in their home, Izabella and her brother began secretly attending church weekly.
When she was 13 years old, Izabella received a colorful shoebox gift. For her, the gift was life-changing, because it confirmed God’s existence and unconditional love. She finally understood that this God that she was reading about in the Bible cared for her. Since that day, Izabella has come to the United States and introduced the shoebox project to churches, schools and her own children.
More information about Operation Christmas Child:
- Operation Christmas Child delivers great joy and the Good News of Jesus Christ to children in need around the world through gift-filled shoeboxes.
- Operation Christmas Child collects more than 10 million gift-filled shoeboxes each year and distributes them to boys and girls in over 120 countries.
- In the hands of local churches around the world, shoeboxes become a tool for evangelism, discipleship & multiplication!
- Shoebox gifts are more than box of toys, school supplies, and hygiene items, each shoebox is an opportunity for a local church to share the Gospel and invite children into a discipleship program.
- Just last year in 2021, over 2.5 million children reported decisions for Christ while participating in the follow up discipleship program, The Greatest Journey!
- Purchase branded shoeboxes on our website or use your own from your closet
- Get your label on our website & decide what gender and age group you’re packing for
- Fill with gifts (packing ideas & excluded items on our website)
- Most important step is praying over your shoebox for the child who will receive it!
- Donate $10 to cover shipping for shoebox
- Drop off during National Collection Week (Nov 14-21) at your nearest location! We have over 4,500 drop-off centers across the country – find the closest one to you by entering your zip code on our website!
- If you don’t have time to pack a physical shoebox, you can pack online through our “Build A Shoebox Online” program – virtually pack your shoebox and choose what gifts are included! These shoeboxes go to countries that are closed to the gospel – to the ends of the earth!