Spring has officially sprung! To be honest, I look forward to these days from the moment the first leaf falls from the tree in autumn. I just love being outside and enjoying creation on these beautiful spring and summer days.
If you’re like me and you’re ready to shake off the winter blues, let’s get outside and get moving!
Here are my top ten fun ways to get moving this spring:
- Ride a bike. This is a great time to pump up your bike’s tires and hit the neighborhood streets or a local park.
- Go hiking. This doesn’t have to be strenuous or require your hiking boots. Explore a local state park or nearby nature trail.
- Go fishing. This is a great way to make memories with the kiddos in your life. Be prepared: you might spend more time baiting hooks and fixing fishing lines than actually catching fish.
- Rent a canoe for a day. Bonus: pack a picnic and spend the day enjoying creation!
- Plant some flowers or an herb garden. Our team created some fun herb garden printables. You can download them here!
- Try a free workout class. Fitness centers and community centers often offer free trial classes, so use this to try something new. Always wanted to learn kickboxing? Want to try a cardio drumming fitness class? Give it a try this spring.
- Jump into spring cleaning mode. You know that closet or garage you’ve been ignoring all winter? Now is the time to open the windows or garage door and get rid of some clutter.
- Play a round of disc golf. You can find a directory of courses here. It’s a great way to enjoy the outdoors and have some fun!
- Do an activity you loved as a child, such as Hula-Hooping®, jumping rope, or roller skating. Pro tip: this is a fun way to interact with your kids and grandkids!
- Take an after lunch or dinner walk. This is a great way to spend time with a friend, your spouse, or your family.
How are you getting moving this spring? Tell us in the comments below!